Jonathan is an experienced audio editor, and holds a PG Cert in Audio Visual Post Production - with Distinction - from Queen's University Belfast. As well as being a proficient user of industry standard video and audio software for the purposes of audiovisual delivery, he can also create industry standard deliverables packages for cinema, TV, radio, and online platforms.
We record in a purpose-built, soundproof vocal booth designed to deliver the best quality VO for your project, using Neumann mics and a Universal Audio interface and preamps. It doesn't come much better than this.
Yes! As well providing voices in our native Irish accents, we're also very experienced voice actors. We regularly voice characters for games and animations, in a variety of regional, national, and international accents. If there's something specific you have in mind, just drop us an email.
Most audio formats can be supplied, but the most common are .mp3, .wav and .aiff.
24 hours is the target time frame for supplying audio to you from the time your confirmation email and final script is received. This can vary dependant on the size of the job/ length of your script, but we always endeavour to work with your schedule.
See the How It Works page for a full summary. Beyond that, there are basically two main types of work, and ways or working, as far as we’re concerned. Thankfully, our studio was literally designed with both of these in mind:
1. leave us to it and have us submit edited, mixed files
2. let us arrange a scheduled session connected to a commercial studio
To read more about the detail of each solution, click here.
Yes, we're happy to offer a zero risk free sample. Think our voices might fit your project, but not 100% sure? We're happy to provide a free sample, so you can be confident you'll be getting the results you want before booking.
If you'd like to direct us live via Zoom, Skype, Cleanfeed, or Source Connect, that's no problem - plus you can keep all the takes, or ask us to pick out the best ones for you. Depending on specific requirements, or if you wish to attend in person, we may need to engage a commercial studio to help (which we can arrange).
Indecisive clients? Uncertain about the brief? We are happy to provide alternate takes when required to give your end client the choices they need.
We offer competitive rates and will endeavour to work within your budget.
We've tried to simplify things, but it’s important to understand what can influence the price of a voiceover recording so you know what you're paying for... and how much you may be saving. We'll generally ask three questions when you get in touch:
1. How will the voice over audio be used? At its simplest, this is whether the voiceover will be used internally or in the public domain. If public, we may ask more about the specific way in which it is to be distributed.
2. How long is it? Generally this boils down to an accurate word count of the script, from which we can work out how long it will take to record and deliver.
3. Recording time-sync, lip-sync or wild? Will we be supplying files for you to use as are, or to place within a video or more complex audio edit? If it's for a video, will you need us to time the delivery to an existing, locked picture edit? For more on this, read our blog article here.
We'll then need to know if you're leaving it to us to fit into our offline recording schedule, or need a specific slot so you, or anyone else, can be on the line to offer direction. (see Question 1, above),
We will give you several more reads if necessary to try to achieve your vision, but if after this time we are unsuccessful then we will cancel the invoice. You only pay for the files once they are recorded to your satisfaction.
Our standard payment terms are 30 days from supplying the final audio files and invoice.
Voice over is only one piece of the communication puzzle. Our one stop shop saves you time liaising with lots of different suppliers. You can rest-assured that we have it all under control. We can offer:
1. Transcription of audio and video content for video editing reference or for use as a voice over script.
2. Copy-writing of scripts from start to finish to communicate your ideas clearly without putting your audience to sleep.
3. Audio description for the blind and visually impaired. Set the scene and explain what's happening when there is no dialogue.
4. Video editing and encoding. Insert the voice over tracks back to video and encode the video in any desired format such as MP4 or MOV.
We know our voices might not be perfect for every single project, but we're well connected and always happy to offer recommendations and referrals to our trusted network of voice actors if needed.
HAVE A SCRIPT YOU NEED RECORDED ASAP? CLICK THE BIG GREEN BUTTON TO GET THINGS MOVING...
*If you don't have popups enabled, nothing will happen. Don't stress. Select the 'Contact' tab to find out how to get in touch.